All circumstances will be reviewed by the Kingdom Cars board of trustees.
1. Income must be at or below 150% of the poverty level
2. Have a valid NJ Drivers License
3. Complete a Biblically based debt reduction/budget program (ex.: Larry Burkett or Dave Ramsey)
4. Work with a financial mentor to assure financial security and accountability
Kingdom Cars was founded to help families struggling financially to be able to afford car repairs. Our priority is to help single mothers and low income families. Kingdom Cars reserves the right to grant priority to applicants actively involved in a church, willing to work with a church, or those referred by a partnering church who need a vehicle for work, school, health or charitable work. Each circumstance will be handled individually on a need-basis.
We will not be able to assist anyone currently behind on child support or with a prior conviction of a DUI.
- Ask your pastor to reach out to Kingdom Cars and fill out a pastoral referral form together. If you don't attend a church, we will recommend one near your home and connect you with a contact at the church. (See qualifications)
- You'll need to fill out an application and submit it with the supporting documents for either a repair or replacement of your current car.
- Cars are repaired at the Car Care Clinic once a month (call for appointment 908-647-6950).
IF YOU NEED A CAR:
- Complete and submit the form with help from a pastor. You must commit to completing the budget program. You'll be contacted by a volunteer to meet with you and get you started on a financial training program.
- Once you finish the financial training requirements, we need to get approval from your financial mentor. We will make sure you have an accountability partner, then you'll be placed on a waiting list for a car. We are not able to predict how long the entire process will take - availability depends on the cars that have been donated to the program.
IF YOU NEED A CAR REPAIR:
Complete the paperwork with the help of your pastor. You'll be contacted by a volunteer to set an appointment for a Car Care Saturday to assess what needs your car currently has. Upon review of your case and looking over your car, you will be asked to pay a percentage of the car repair based on the NJ poverty scale to be determined with a financial counselor, unless you have been pre-approved for FREE repairs.
Once you receive assistance for car repair, without continuing the financial program and provide proof that your
financial situation has improved, you will not be allowed to apply for repeat assistance.
We want you to become financially sound, not remain dependant on the program.
Need Help ?
Rich's Auto- Home of Kingdom Cars
Who we help?
Have a car, but need car repairs?
Here's what to expect.
Don't have a car?
Here's what to expect.
1. Valid NJ Drivers License
2. Proof of Insurance and Registration
3. Proof of income (to show below poverty level)
5. If applicant is below 150% of poverty level financial training may be required.